Welcome

This Montessori School began in 1972 as a preschool called the Saint Joseph Montessori School and was located at the Blessed Sacrament Convent on South Main Street in Fall River, Massachusetts. The schoolís founder, Sister Saint Louis Paquette S.S.J., along with her Co-Montessori Teacher Sister Yvette LeClair S.S.J., ran the program until June of 1992. During these twenty years, hundreds of children benefited from the Montessori teaching method.

In 1992, it was decided that the Saint Joseph Montessori School would be closed due to the aging population of Sisters of Saint Joseph and pending sale of the building the school was using. Two of the teachers, realizing the value of the Montessori philosophy and how unfortunate it would be to close the school, decided to buy the school equipment and to continue to provide the Montessori philosophy for students in the greater Fall River area.

Since 1992 many changes have occurred: the name of the school was changed to The Montessori School of The Angels, Inc. (”TMSA”); an Elementary Program was started in 1993; the school also changed location in 1995 from the South Main Street location to the Saint Anthony of the Desert Parish Center on North Eastern Avenue and again in September 1999 to the current location at the Saint George Campus at 1180 American Legion Highway in Westport; in September of 2000 the 8th grade was added and the first graduation at The Montessori School of the Angels occurred in June of 2001.

Download the 2016 Principal Summer Letter

TMSA on Facebook
TMSA on Facebook
TMSA on Facebook